April 10, 2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
The Fundamentals of IDS is a one day course that will expose the student to all the core principles and fundamentals of the Intuitive Defense Shooting Program. The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Combat Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One-Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
The Intuitive Defense Shooting Course is not designed to make you the best shooter you can be on the range, instead, its goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worst-case scenario defensive shooting situation.
IDS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents. It has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in their practice after the course to continue to develop their abilities.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Please bring the following gear to the course:
- Good quality belt, holster and magazine carrier that can withstand heavy use
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- At least 3 magazines for high capacity double stack firearms, 5 plus magazines for single stack firearms.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Comfort items such as drinks/snacks
- Sunscreen and bug spray if training outdoors
If you serve or are employed in an armed capacity, we recommend you train with your duty gear. For concealed carry permit holders, we recommend that you start the course with an outside the waistband holster, but bring your concealed carry rig if you want to get some reps using that setup.
Students should arrive at 8:30 AM and be ready to begin class by 9:00 AM. Plan on about an hour lunch break, and ending time of between 5-6 PM. There is a debriefing at the end of the day.
Venue: Doswell Range
Please read/follow the below rules carefully.
- When you get to the end of Doswell road there is a farm gate, if it is closed then just stay at the gate. That means we are not on the range yet.
- If the gate is open, proceed down range, when you get to the house the road turns to your right (see map attached) stay to the right and proceed to the range. Please park “up-range” (at the back of the range). (SEE PAGE 3 OF ATTACHMENT)
- DO NOT go over 10mph on road leading to the house, the range owner leaves his windows open and when people go over 10mph the dust goes right in his house when they drive by the house to go to the range.
- DO NOT HANDLE your guns when you get on the range, no handling in your car either. If you are carrying and have one in the pipe, that is fine. Keep the gun in your holster, NO ADMINISTRATIVE handling. We will give you an opportunity on the line to clear and or change out your carry ammo for your range ammo. If you get to the range and your gun is NOT on your person and in a holster, i.e. a bag/case, that is also fine, leave it that way until you are given explicit instruction to retrieve your gun.
- IF YOU SMOKE, do not throw your buts on the ground on the property, bring a bottle to place your butts in.
- Pickup and carry out your trash. Or place it in the trash can on the range.
- Pick up your brass at the end of the day. You can take our your own brass if you like. Otherwise, brass goes in the bucket on the range.
- DO NOT explore the property, stay at the range and do not continue past range down the road. (SEE PAGE 3 OF attachment)
- DO NOT go over 10mph on road leading to the house, he leaves his windows open and when people go over 10mph the dust goes right in his house when they drive by the house to go to the range.
- There is plumbing on site, so there are legit restroom facilities and running water in a detached garage about 150 yards from the range.