- August 17, 2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
This course is meant for the couple, co-workers or friends who are generally both armed and interested in learning about how to coordinate their efforts in a worst-case scenario. This training will draw from law enforcement, military, and security team training and be applied to the context of personal defense in the public space as well as being at home or in the workplace.
Topics to be covered:
1. Review of Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting
2. Communication, Coordination & Cooperation, the Three C's of Teamwork during a Dynamic Critical Incident
3. Danger Areas & Fields of Fire
4. Dealing with Multiple Threats Efficiently
5. Coordinated Strings of Fire
6. Shooting in Defense of Others (including children)
7. Movement to Cover & Evasion
8. Home or Workplace Defense Planning
9. Emergency Trauma Medicine Basics
10. Immediate Aftermath of a Shooting
11. Other topics driven by student questions, context, and gear.
2 Day courses include reality-based force on force scenarios on the 2nd day.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Must have completed a CFS/IDS or FoCFS/FoIDS course successfully.
One Day Course Cost: $500 (For Two People)
Two Day Course Cost: $850 (For Two People)
***You must register for two people***
Please bring the following gear to the course (per person):
- Good quality belt, holster and magazine carrier
- 400 rounds of ammunition for one-day courses or 700 for two days
- At least 3 magazines for high capacity double stack firearms, 5 plus magazines for single stack firearms.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and/or sufficient protective clothing based on the forecast weather conditions when the range is outdoors.
- When attending the two-day course that includes reality-based training scenarios, please have long sleeve clothing available for the 2nd day.
If you serve or are employed in an armed capacity, we recommend you train with your duty gear. For concealed carry permit holders, we recommend that you start the course with an outside the waistband holster, but bring your concealed carry rig if you want to get some reps using that setup.
Students should arrive at 8:30AM and be ready to begin class by 9:00AM. Plan on about an hour lunch break, and an ending time of between 5-6PM. There is a debriefing at the end of the day.
Venue: Richwood Gun & Game Club
Venue Phone: (937) 644-0440
Venue Website: www.richwoodgunandgameclub.org/Address:
We are located approximately 17 miles north of Marysville off of State Route 31.
For directions to our range at 1900 Turner Rd, use the Google maps below.