- January 12, 2019 - January 13, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Intuitive Defense Shooting
The Intuitive Defense Shooting Program is an Intuitive shooting program designed to help the student be more Efficient with a defensive firearm in the context of a Dynamic Critical Incident.
This course is two full days of intense training, teaching and practice. The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Combat Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting in Motion (When, How & Why)
The Intuitive Defense Shooting Course is not designed to make you the best shooter you can be on the range, rather its goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worst case scenario defensive shooting situation.
IDS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what really happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents and has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in their own practice after the course in order to continue to develop their abilities.
Students will fire a minimum of 800 rounds.
Students are welcome to bring extra ammunition, as there will be certain drills where round count can easily be increased.”
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Cost: $500 + Ammunition
Venue: Exeter Gun Slingers