- October 26, 2022
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
To register, email email@example.com.
This is a one-day version of the IDC Course. The IDC Program applies the principals of the Intuitive Defense Shooting Program to the world of semi-automatic rifles. Stressing efficiency, working with what the body does naturally and training in context, Intuitive Defense Carbine is a progressive and dynamic course. Students will engage in a variety of shooting drills and maneuvers designed to make their shooting (sighted and unsighted) more intuitive. In addition to the fundamentals of close quarters defensive rifling, students will be guided through handling techniques and understanding how a variety of factors affect their balance between speed and precision with a carbine. Improvised shooting positions for heightened precision capabilities (smaller targets & ranges out to 150 yards) will also be covered.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Please bring the following gear to the course:
- Carbine with a preferred sling (single, 2- or 3-point)
- Good quality gear for your particular defensive rifle use setup, your gear should be of sufficient quality to withstand heavy training use.
- 500 rounds of rifle ammunition
- Students are welcome to bring extra ammunition, as there will be certain drills where round count can be easily increased.
- 4 rifle magazines, spares if you feel they are necessary.
- Eye and ear protection
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and/or sufficient protective clothing based on the forecast weather conditions. If you serve or are employed in an armed capacity, we recommend you train with your duty gear.
Students should arrive at 8:30AM and be ready to begin class by 9:00AM. Plan on about an hour lunch break, and an ending time of between 5-6PM. There is a debriefing at the end of the day.
Venue: Club Cinegético Rio Grande