July 1, 2023
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
The Fundamentals of IDS is a one day course that will expose the student to all the core principles and fundamentals of the Intuitive Defense Shooting Program. The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Combat Accuracy
- Lateral Motion
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One-Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
The Intuitive Defense Shooting Course is not designed to make you the best shooter you can be on the range, instead, its goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worst-case scenario defensive shooting situation.
IDS is based on years of constantly evolving information about how the body works and what happens during Dynamic Critical Incidents. It has been heavily influenced by the diverse group of instructors that are certified to teach it and the thousands of students who have been through courses all around the world. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that the student will be able to utilize in their practice after the course to continue to develop their abilities.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Please bring the following gear to the course:
- Good quality belt, holster and magazine carrier that can withstand heavy use
- 500 rounds of ammunition
- At least 3 magazines for high capacity double stack firearms, 5 plus magazines for single stack firearms.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Comfort items such as drinks/snacks
- Sunscreen and bug spray if training outdoors
If you serve or are employed in an armed capacity, we recommend you train with your duty gear. For concealed carry permit holders, we recommend that you start the course with an outside the waistband holster, but bring your concealed carry rig if you want to get some reps using that setup.
Students should arrive at 8:30 AM and be ready to begin class by 9:00 AM. Plan on about an hour lunch break, and ending time of between 5-6 PM. There is a debriefing at the end of the day.
Venue: Discount Enterprises LLC
Venue Phone: 402-875-6500
Venue Website: https://www.deguns.netAddress:
“We’re a few minutes East of Lincoln on 134th St.”