May 2, 2023
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
To register, email email@example.com
The Advanced Pistol Handling course is designed to expand the circumstances and conditions under which a student can apply the skills developed in the Combat Focus® Shooting Course. This course will cover:
- Non-Diagnostic Linear Malfunction Drills
- One-Handed & Weak Handed Reloads
- One-Handed & Weak Handed Malfunction Drills
- Presentation from the holster in 360 degrees
- Unorthodox Shooting Positions (grounded, seated)
- Shooting Around Cover
- Unreasonable Distance Shooting
- Volume of Fire
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
The APH Course is designed as a follow on for students who have completed fundamental defensive shooting training in the CFS or IDS Program and want to expand their skill sets and increase competency. At the end of the course, the student will have been exposed to (and practiced) shooting positions from all plausible angles while standing, seated, kneeling, prone or supine, as well as properly shooting around cover in order to maximize its protective value. Students will also train one-handed firearm handling, reloading, and malfunction clearing. Unlike the CFS or IDS Program, in APH students, will be forced to deal with a variety of malfunctions in a way that is congruent with the conditions of a dynamic critical incident.
The APH course is an intense physically and mentally challenging course that will take any student's confidence and ability to defend themselves with a gun to a higher level.
Students are welcome to bring extra ammunition, as there will be certain drills
where round count can easily be increased.
General Public / Law Enforcement / Military / Private Security
Must have completed CFS/IDS successfully
Cost: $600 for a 2 Day Course
Cost: $300 for a 1 Day Course
Please bring the following gear to the course
- Good quality belt, holster and magazine carrier that can withstand heavy use
- 500 rounds of ammunition per day of training
- At least 3 magazines for high capacity double stack firearms, 5 plus magazines for single stack firearms.
- Eye and ear protection
- Elbow and knee protection (optional)
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and/or sufficient protective clothing based on the forecast weather conditions.
If you serve or are employed in an armed capacity, we recommend you train with your duty gear. For concealed carry permit holders, we recommend that you start the course with an outside the waistband holster, but bring your concealed carry rig if you want to get some reps using that setup.
Students should arrive at 8:30AM and be ready to begin class by 9:00AM. Plan on about an hour lunch break, and an ending time of between 5-6PM. There is a debriefing at the end of the day.
Venue: Club Cinegético Rio Grande